Sonakshi Sinha opens up on her acting ambitions; says “I want to be that actor who can be cast anywhere”

Sonakshi Sinha admits she has the most beautiful life. Sonakshi married the love of her life, Zaheer Iqbal, following the success of her Netflix programme Heeramandi, and her film Kakuda, starring the newest 100 crore club member—Munjya director Aditya Sarpotdar—is currently available on ZEE5.

Sonakshi Sinha on balancing work and marriage

Sonakshi was promoting Kakuda, which also stars Ritesh Deshmukh and close buddy, actor Saqib Saleem. When questioned why she went back to work so soon after being married, Sonakshi told Indianexpress.com, “I just got married, guys. Pata nahi aisa bhi kya kar diya maine.” When asked whether she’s not planning to take off for her honeymoon with Zaheer, she said, “Maine woh bhi kar diya. And now I am back to work, and I am loving it.”

Sonakshi Sinha on Kakuda                                                                                           Sonakshi Sinha has a vibrant energy. She is looking forward to promoting her film Kakuda, a parody horror comedy. Speaking on how she is pushing out of her comfort zone for Kakuda, Sonakshi said, “Kakuda came to me and I just found it to be such a fun read. I was very entertained while reading the script. Although I don’t like horror films, there was so much humour in this film. Aditya (Sarpotdar) is someone who has understood this genre so well. I think his grasp on it is fantastic. He kind of knows where to scare people, where to make them laugh, the punches, the beats, he gets it bang on. It was a pleasure to work on a genre like this for the first time with a director like him who is so well versed with it. So, I had a blast. It was me stepping out of my comfort zone, trying out something I hadn’t done before. I’d love to do it again because it was so much fun.”

Sonakshi then explained how she quickly signed Kakuda. She added, “If I like something then I don’t believe in dilly-dallying and making the other person wait too much. If I am excited about something, then I am. I’ll go full on. That is what happened with this film as well.”

Sonakshi further added, “I think it is fantastic. I am doing exactly the kind of work that I always wanted to do and it’s been a gradual process. I have done everything. I want to be an actor who filmmakers think ‘I can put this girl in any genre and cast her in any kind of film.’ Today I am open to doing any kind of film, small film, big film, action film, romantic film, whatever film. I want to be that actor who can be cast anywhere. I have tried my hand at everything, really, and I have enjoyed it. Some films have done well; some films have not. I have made my mistakes and I have learned from them. That has really made me the actor and person I am today.”

Sonakshi Sinha's desire to explore Biopics

Sonakshi Sinha began her career with Salman Khan's Dabangg in 2010. While she has played a variety of roles throughout the course of her career, she has recently taken on projects on her own. When asked if she has intentionally chosen meaty parts over conventional glitter roles.

Sonakshi said, “I am open to everything. The role should excite me. It’s been a while since I shifted gears from a particular kind of film that I was doing to playing very strong female characters on screen. And I really enjoy that. It really satisfies me as a person and as an actor. So I will follow that same direction and then it depends on what roles I get to play. I’d love to do biopics. I’d love to do period films more, do all out action again. I really enjoyed doing action in Akira.”

Also Read : Sonakshi Sinha hugs Salman Khan, cheers up emotional Rekha, dances with Anil Kapoor in wedding reception: “Shaadi ASMR. Feel it, Enjoy it… like we did”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/fXvS8nx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment