22 years of Devdas EXCLUSIVE: Sanjay Leela Bhansali didn’t lose his cool despite this actress needing retakes: “It was a little complex shot”

Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas (2002) remains one of his most iconic works. Based on the story by the late celebrated author Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, the movie starred Shah Rukh Khan in the titular role while Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Madhuri Dixit played Paro and Chandramukhi respectively. The film became a runaway success and swept most of the awards that year.

Devdas was also one of the earliest films for actress Nehha Pendse, who was a teenager back then. She played the character of Chaurangi, one of the girls in Chandramukhi’s palace.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali is known to be a strict taskmaster. There are also stories about his anger. However, Nehha’s experience of working with him was exactly the opposite. She revealed this while recalling an incident during the film’s shoot in an exclusive chat with Bollywood Hungama.

“This is also what I heard (that Bhansali is a strict taskmaster). But my experience of him, not just with me but my observation of him during Devdas was very different. He was the coolest and extremely patient,” she said.

Nehha recalled an interesting incident during a scene she shot. “In fact, I remember one incident very clearly,” she said. “It was a little complex shot between me, Madhuri and others where retakes were happening because of me. It was because I wasn’t doing my part correctly. But he was so patient! Not one set of anger, nothing whatsoever. I was feeling guilty for taking retakes, but he was so chilled. Of course, I was a child. He took care of me.”

Nehha added, “So, I, honestly, have a very different experience of him. I am a little surprised when I hear all these stories of him losing his cool. My personal experience, not just with me but, like I said, being on the set in general (with him) has been very nice, beautiful and memorable.”

Nehha has always been a die-hard fan of Shah Rukh Khan, even when she was shooting Devdas. There was also a moment in the film where she shared the screen with SRK. However, she couldn’t speak to him due to an unusual reason.

“If I have to be very honest, I was a 15-16-year-old very shy girl,” she said. “He is the most courteous man ever. He is going to wish good mornings and good nights to everyone who comes in his eyesight. He makes you feel comfortable, happy, everything. I was so shy that I didn’t even have the courage to wish him good night back. I just used to smile and look down because dil mein laddoo phoot te the (I was all excited from inside).”

Nehha added that she hasn’t got a chance to meet SRK again. But if she does, she won’t let the opportunity go by abegging.

Also Read: Sanjay Leela Bhansali collaborates with Jio Studios for Love & War; Ranbir Kapoor, Vicky Kaushal and Alia Bhatt likely to begin shoot in November: Report



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/sJtSO4q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment