Emraan Hashmi regrets calling Aishwarya Rai Bachchan "Plastic" on Koffee with Karan: “I just wanted to win the hamper and I ended up saying what I said”

Actor Emraan Hashmi has addressed a comment he made a decade ago on Karan Johar's chat show, Koffee with Karan. During the show's rapid-fire round in 2014, Emraan referred to actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as "plastic," sparking a lot of controversy. In a recent interview with The Lallantop, Emraan has expressed regret for his remark.

Emraan Expresses His Regret For Calling Aishwarya “Plastic” When asked directly if he regretted his comment about Aishwarya, Emraan readily replied, "I regret it. I always say that I have the utmost respect for everyone I spoke about." He further explained his regret, stating, "I regret it because it was distasteful. Lately, people have become very sensitive. People get mad at everything on social media. In terms of the show, we were playing a game, it was all in jest. It was supposed to be taken sportingly." Emraan Speaks About Koffee With Karan’s Competitive Nature Emraan compared the situation to the present, highlighting how social media has changed the landscape. "Recently, Karan Johar himself confessed that the rapid fire round in the latest season of the show was the most boring. It’s because now, the environment has completely changed. You can’t give such answers anymore," he said. He admitted that his comment stemmed from the show's competitive nature, "At that time, I just wanted to win the hamper and I ended up saying what I said." When Emraan stood outside Aishwarya’s Vanity Van Interestingly, Emraan revealed his long-standing admiration for Aishwarya. Although Aishwarya never directly addressed the comment, she did mention in a 2019 interview with Filmfare that being called "fake and plastic" was one of the worst things said about her. Recalling a moment from his early days as a fan, Emraan said, "I waited for hours outside Aishwarya's van after Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam just to catch a glimpse of her. I was a huge fan!" Emraan Speaks On Personally Apologising Aishwarya Despite his efforts, Emraan never got to meet Aishwarya. "I have never met her. I have never had a conversation with her," he said. "I would love to meet her. And I would love to apologise if she felt bad about it. I will have to meet her and ask her. I am sorry if I offended you.”

There were also rumors suggesting Aishwarya declined a film with Emraan due to his comment. However, Emraan denied these rumors, stating, "I have heard these rumours, but I don’t think it holds any truth. I think people just made a big deal out of it. I honestly don’t know if something of that sort ever happened."

Coming to the professional front, Emraan is currently promoting his latest web show, Showtime. Recently the makers shared part 2 of season 1 on Disney+ Hotstar. The show also stars Naseeruddin Siddiqui, Rajeev Khandelwal, and Mouni Roy, among others.

Also Read: Emraan Hashmi addresses Tiger 3 co-star Salman Khan’s tardiness rumours: “I’d say he has his own schedule”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/caMGdyB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment