The Archies' Suhana Khan says Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan are her biggest source of guidance: "We help each other out"

Suhana Khan, daughter of Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan, is gearing up for the release of her debut film The Archies in December. Helmed by Zoya Akhtar, the young actress is elated to be a part of an iconic project. At the India Today Conclave 2023 on Wednesday, she attended the panel titled ‘New Kids on the Block: Meet the Gen Z of Bollywood aka The Archies Gang'.

Suhana Khan reflected on her first day on set by saying, "I guess all of that is very different from being in a Netflix film and being on a real film set as a working actor, I think, from the number of people on set, from the number of lights on set and the hair and makeup and all the chaos. And in the middle of this, I felt extremely insignificant. And, I guess I kind of knew that everything that everyone was doing around me was felicitating the director’s vision, Zoya’s vision and I guess knowing that on my first day and realising that, I felt extremely nervous."

As she will play the role of Veronica Lodge in the movie, Suhana Khan added that her parents Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan are her biggest source of guidance. She said, "I wouldn’t say my critic, but my biggest source of guidance is my parents. My entire family feels to chip in and help each other out."

With The Archies, three-star kids are being launched. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan, Amitabh Bachchan's grandson Agastya Nanda and Sridevi's second daughter Khushi Kapoor are making their Bollywood debut with Zoya Akhtar directorial. The actors include Dot (Ethel Muggs), Agastya Nanda (Archie Andrews), Khushi Kapoor (Betty Cooper), Mihir Ahuja (Jughead Jones), Suhana Khan (Veronica Lodge), Vedang Raina (Reggie Mantle) and Yuvraj Menda (Dilton Doiley). They recently did their first performance of ‘Sunoh’ in Brazil at the Netflix Tudum event.

The film is set in the 1960s and takes audiences to the fictional hilly town of Riverdale. The Archies is a coming-of-age musical following the lives of Riverdale’s favourite set of teenagers - Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Reggie, Ethel and Dilton. Seen through the lens of the unique Anglo-Indian community, The Archies explores friendship, freedom, love, heartbreak and rebellion. ALSO READ: OTT films rival theatrical releases; the hype for The Archies is as high as that of any big-budget theatrical flick, feel experts: “The excitement level is going to RISE with every passing week”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/tcRu6hd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment