Savi trailer launch: Mukesh Bhatt reveals that the Divya Khossla-starrer features the last song sung by KK; also says, “My job is to manufacture glamour and not to become a VICTIM of it”

KK, the singer with the melodious voice, passed away on May 31, 2022, tragically after performing at a concert in Kolkata. And the last song that he sang is all set to be out soon. It’s a part of the film Savi, which coincidentally, is scheduled to release on KK’s second death anniversary. Mukesh Bhatt threw light on this aspect and a lot more at the trailer launch of Savi.

Mukesh Bhatt said, “Music is my strength. If you see the track record of the last 40 years, our films might not have worked, but the music has always been a hit. This is the core strength I have with my music. But there are some films which might be love stories but have the base of a thriller. For example, Sadak (1991) was not a romantic film. It was a dark thriller. Yet, its music was a big hit. The same goes for Murder (2004). In Savi, the music is relevant to the film and it’ll definitely appeal to you because it has a Vishesh Films trademark. And I am proud of it (smiles). I am sure you’ll enjoy it.”

He then revealed, “A song in the film is sung by KK, my dear friend. I have extremely fond memories of him. He sang some of the best songs for us, be it in Jannat (2008), Gangster (2006), etc. The last song that he sang happened to be for this film. A week after he recorded the song, he passed away. That song is a tribute to a great friend of mine. I wish he was here. I miss him. The song will resonate the love and affection he has had for Mukesh Bhatt and Vishesh Films. You’ll know what I am talking about once the song is out. KK has sung the song in a mind-blowing way.”

Sometime later, a journalist commented that Mukesh Bhatt organized a success party even before his film was out. Mukesh immediately clarified, “I have not thrown the success party of my film a day before release! Your information is completely wrong!”

The filmmaker continued, “I make a profit on every film. My brother has been a director. We worked with many outside directors like Anurag Basu, Vikram Bhatt, Mohit Suri, etc. I always tell my creative team, ‘Filmmaking is a creative enterprise. When you talk about art, don’t mess around with movies. Buy a Picasso. It’s cheaper’! You have to work within the economic package. I am here to entertain you and to give you a very strong narrative. And I am also here to stay in business. My job is to manufacture glamour and not to become a victim of it!”

Savi’s trailer launch was also graced by lead actress Divya Khossla and director Abhinay Deo.

Also Read: Divya Khossla on Savi: A Bloody Housewife, “It’s based on the mythological concept of Sati Savitri”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/kCtZeb4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment