Preity Zinta cheers on for Manisha Koirala and says, “more power to you” as the actress recalls shooting the stressful ‘fountain sequence’ in Heeramandi

Manisha Koirala is winning hearts and receiving love from all quarters for her portrayal as the manipulative yet loving Mallikajaan from the Sanjay Leela Bhansali web-series Heeramandi: The Diamond Bazaar. The actress, who has also been a cancer survivor, recalled a challenging fountain sequence in the show, for which, she was plagued with doubts since she had to sit under the flowing water for almost 12 hours. While she opened up about the resilience of her body, her co-actor Preity Zinta also cheered her on and showcased her support.

For the unversed, Preity Zinta made her Hindi film debut in the film Dil Se… which featured Manisha Koirala and Shah Rukh Khan in lead roles. The actress recalled the time when she was shooting with the actress for her first film and also expressed gratitude about how Koirala made her feel extremely comfortable. In the note, Preity said, “I love you Manisha (hearts and fire emojis) I saw the show for you & you killed it (clap emojis) You are such a powerhouse of talent & an even better human being. I will never forget how lovely, welcoming & generous you were to me in Dil Se (heart-eye emoji) Thanks to you I started my film journey on such a positive note. You never made me feel I was working with a superstar & nurtured me on the shoot - always smiling, accommodating & ready for rehearsal & suggestions. You will always be Hero on & off camera. More power to you always”.

Meanwhile, Manisha Koirala had described her experience of shooting the fountain scene and had said, “The fountain sequence proved the most physically challenging. It required me to be immersed in a water fountain for over 12 hours. That tested my resilience! Even though Sanjay had thoughtfully ensured that the water was warm and clean, over the hours, the water turned muddy, (because my team members, the Cinematographer, and the art director’s team were getting into the water to work around the scene.) Every single pore in my body was soaked in that muddy water. Even though I was beyond exhaustion by the end of the shoot, I felt a deep happiness within my heart. My body had taken the stress and remained resilient. I knew I had passed a critical physical test.”

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Manisha Koirala (@m_koirala)

Heeramandi: The Diamond Bazaar also stars Sonakshi Sinha, Sharmin Segal, Sanjeeda Sheikh, Aditi Rao Hydari, and Richa Chadha in key roles along with Adhyayan Suman, Fardeen Khan, Taha Shah Badussha, and Shekhar Suman in supporting roles.

Also Read: Manisha Koirala opens about battling cancer alone: “I was very lonely”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/01gvJRC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment