AR Rahman recalls his mom’s sacrifice to make his musical dreams come true; she sold her jewellery for his first recorder: “That is when I felt empowered”

Music maestro A.R. Rahman, the celebrated composer behind recent hits like Amar Singh Chamkila starring Diljit Dosanjh and Parineeti Chopra, recently shared a glimpse into his inspiring past. In a conversation with Imtiaz Ali, Mohit Chauhan, and Irshad Kamil for Netflix, Rahman spoke about his unconventional path to musical mastery.

Despite not attending college, Rahman's passion for music blossomed at a young age. “I had a lot of questions,” he recalled. “When I was 12, I was vibing with people in their 40s and 50s.” This curiosity, fueled by a touch of youthful boredom, led him on a journey of exploration, immersing himself in a vast array of musical styles. “That side was spectacular for me,” he said. “There was so much out there.”

Rahman's dedication wasn't without its challenges. When he decided to establish his own studio, financial constraints loomed large. He shared a particular memory, “When I built my studio, I didn't have money to buy an amplifier or equalizer.” The room itself was a simple set-up, with just an air conditioner, a shelf, and carpeting. “I used to be sitting there not having money to buy anything,” he described.

The turning point came thanks to a selfless act. “My first recorder came after my mom gave her jewels to be pledged,” Rahman revealed. This sacrifice empowered him, as he explained, “That is when I felt empowered. I could see my future that one moment I changed.”

Amar Singh Chamkila was released on the streaming platform on April 12 and has become one of the beloved projects for all the people associated with it. Amar Singh Chamkila was a Punjabi singer who rose to fame in the 1970s and 80s. He was known for his energetic music and often controversial lyrics, which addressed social issues and sometimes used double entendres. His tragic death at the peak of his career left a lasting impact. The 2024 biographical drama explores Chamkila's rise to fame, his struggles with criticism, and his untimely demise. ALSO READ: Aamir Khan reunites with Ghajini co-star at Sarfarosh 25th anniversary celebration, watch



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/RIvo4NB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment