National Film Awards 2023: Alia Bhatt and Kriti Sanon, Best Actress winners, send warm wishes to each other: “The world is your oyster”

In over a decade, Alia Bhatt has come a long way since her debut in Student of the Year. So has Kriti Sanon in over her 9-year-long career in the film industry. Now, both actresses are celebrating their prestigious wins at the 69th National Film Awards 2023 which took place on August 24. Alia Bhatt shared the award with Kriti Sanon for the Best Actress for their performances in Gangubai Kathiawadi and Mimi, respectively.

Taking to Instagram on Thursday, Alia Bhatt did the iconic Gangu pose and wrote, “To Sanjay Sir..To the entire crew..To my family..To my team & last but most definitely not the least to my audience..This national award is yours .. because without you ALL none of this would be possible.. eriously!!! I am SO grateful ????.. I do not take moments like these lightly.. I hope to continue to entertain for as long as I can.. Love and light..Gangu (also known as alia).”

She congratulated Kriti and added, “P.S - Kriti .. I remember messaging you the day I saw Mimi .. it was such an honest and powerful performance.. I cried and cried.. so so well deserved.. shine on you star… the world is your oyster @kritisanon.”

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Alia Bhatt ???? (@aliaabhatt)

Taking to her social media, Kriti expressed her gratitude for the big win as she wrote, "ELATED - OVERWHELMED – GRATEFUL. Still sinking it in.. pinching myself.. this has actually happened! The National Award for Best Actress for Mimi! Thank you to the jury who considered my performance worthy of the most prestigious award! It means the world to me! Dinoo, I can't thank you enough for believing in me and my potential, for standing by me always and for giving me a film I'll treasure all my life! Laxman sir.. You always told me "Mimi, dekhna aapko is film ke liye National Award milega" ..Mil gaya sir! And I couldn't have done this without you. Mom, Dad, Nups.. You guys are my lifeline! Thank you for always being my constant cheerleaders..”

She added, “Congratulations Aliaaaa! So so well deserved! I've always admired your work and I'm too excited that I get to share this huge moment with you! Yayyyiiee!! Biggg hug. Lets Celebrate!!”

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Kriti (@kritisanon)

Duped and sold to a brothel, Gangubai Kathiawadi is a story of a young woman who fearlessly reclaims her power, using underworld connections to preside over the world she was once a pawn in. Directed and written by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Gangubai Kathiawadi is produced by Bhansali Productions and Dr. Jayantilal Gada (Pen Studios.) The film features a remarkable lineup of actors, including Alia Bhatt, Ajay Devgn, Jim Sarbh, Shantanu Maheshwari, Vijay Raaz, Indira Tiwari and Seema Bhargava among others.

On the other hand, Mimi, helmed by Laxman Utekar, is the story of a girl who decides to become a surrogate mother. The story is inspired by a Marathi film Mala Aai Vhhaychy. It stars Kriti Sanon, Pankaj Tripathi, Sai Tamhankar, Supriya Pathak and Manoj Pahwa.

Meanwhile, Alia Bhatt has signed YRF’s female-driven spy movie. She also has another Dharma Productions’ in the works with Vasan Bala.

On the work front, Kriti will next be seen in Ganapath Part 1, a sci-fi love story with Shahid Kapoor as well as couple of other unannounced projects. ALSO READ: 69th National Film Awards: Alia Bhatt and Kriti Sanon jointly win Best Actress Award



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/9TCM7GE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment