Sandeep Reddy Vanga opens up about Parineeti Chopra exiting Animal; says, “I didn’t see Geetanjali in her”

Sandeep Reddy Vanga, who is currently basking in the success of Animal, recently opened up about the making of the Ranbir Kapoor starrer. Some audiences may recall that when this project was announced, it was said that Parineeti Chopra has been roped in for the film, so much so that the actress had too shared her excitement of working with the Kabir Singh filmmaker. However, later on it was revealed that Rashmika Mandanna has been roped in as the leading lady for the role of Geetanjali Iyengar.

In a recent interview with Komal Nahta, Sandeep Reddy Vanga discussed the reason behind the exit of Parineeti Chopra and mentioned that he did not see Geetanjali in her. "Actually, galti mera hi hai (it’s my fault). I said, ‘Ho sake toh maaf karo mujhe (if possible, please forgive me). I signed her one and a half years before the shoot and, for some reason, I didn’t see Geetanjali in her. Kuch kuch characters kuch kuch logo ko set nahi hota hai (some characters are such that it doesn’t set right with certain people)."

Sandeep also mentioned about how he wanted her to play Preeti in Kabir Singh. He continued, "Main kabhi audition main believe nahi karta (I don’t believe in auditions). I go by my instinct only. That I know. From day one I have liked her acting and I always wanted to cast her as Preeti, also in Kabir Singh but hua nahi uss time (it didn’t happen then)."

Sandeep maintained that one day he will definitely work with Parineeti Chopra since he admires her work and acting chops. He opened up about how she reacted when Rashmika Mandanna took over, Vanga added, "That’s long due. I always wanted to work with her. I told her and she also knows that. I told her, ‘Sorry, nothing is bigger than the film. So, I’m taking this decision and going ahead with another artist.’ She felt bad, but she understood why I was saying that.”

Animal stars Rashmika Mandanna as Geetanjali, who essays the role of Ranvijay’s wife and mother of his two children.

Also Read: Animal director Sandeep Reddy Vanga expresses regret over editing decision; says, “I should’ve kept the 3-hour 30-minute version but due to pressure I had to cut 8-9 minutes”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/6aZW2nR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment