Rohit Roy reveals daughter Kiara was approached for The Archies; says, “She couldn’t give it a thought

Ever since the news of Rohit Roy participating in Khatron Ke Khiladi 13 was broken, he has been constantly in the headlines. Recently, while speaking about his experience on the show, Rohit candidly revealed that her daughter Kiara Roy was approached for The Archies, directed by Zoya Akhtar. 

In an interview with Indian Express, Rohit said, “About a year and a half back, I was at a fashion event hosted by Shabana Azmi. There was a great amount of media and paps and of course many stars. Later, Excel called me for The Archies. I told them that she is studying at Brown University but I will check.”

He further recalled, “I did tell her but she couldn’t give it a thought given the space she is in, where competition is intense. I have told her that once you finish your education and want to give it a thought, we would wholly support you.”

Given that he is also a writer and director, Rohit was asked if he is planning to launch her daughter. While saying no, he elaborated, “I think it’s one of the biggest mistakes of filmmakers to direct their own kids. It’s the worst thing. I may produce for her but not direct her. The point also remains that she would want to be directed by Karan Johar more than me (laughs).”

He added, “But I will never helm her first film as I would not be able to push the envelope. It would be best if she’s directed by someone who works with her only as a creative collaborator. I think filmmakers should never launch their kids.”

Coming back to Khatron Ke Khiladi 13, hosted by Rohit Shetty, it started streaming on JioCinema from July 15. 

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Rohit Bose Roy calls Sidharth Shukla “typical Khatron Ke Khiladi” contestant; shares his strategy, approach and more ahead of Rohit Shetty-hosted show



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/GMZjasI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment