EXCLUSIVE: Music Composer of Pop Kaun song Jishan Ali Thobani reveals how his first break in Bollywood was a ‘surprise’ from Farhad Samji

Jishan Ali Thobani, who got his big Bollywood break with Disney+Hotstar’s Pop Kaun, couldn’t be more grateful about receiving this opportunity and has nothing but praises for his filmmaker Farhad Samji, the creator of the show. In an exclusive interview with Bollywood Hungama, Jishan not only opened up about bagging this break and how he came across this opportunity. The song in question, 'Saiyan Tore Bhan Gaye Hain Bhaiyya Tore' from the show Pop Kaun, where we see Jamie Lever breaking a shocking news that brings a wedding to a standstill is quirky and so is the song. We wondered if it was difficult for the first-time music director to work on such a funny number that is also a crucial part of the story and he said, “When Farhad Bhai narrated the story, I choose this song and wanted to keep it funny. In fact, I had done this meeting with him and within 2 hours I was ready with the song.” Talking about the lyrics, Jishan also mentioned how he made quirky references to ‘honeymoon’ and even took inspiration from the popular song about brotherhood, ‘Phoolon Ka Taaron Ka’ (Hare Rama Hare Krishna). Further, the singer went on to express his immense gratitude towards filmmaker Farhad saying, “I really want to thank Farhad Bhai for giving me this opportunity. We have always seen that in this industry, people often lose their lives waiting for an opportunity. I am able to make my way into Bollywood, from the world of advertisement and it is mainly because Farhad came and told me, ‘Jishan let’s work together’. I will always be grateful to him for this.” He went on to reveal that this opportunity that he received was actually a ‘surprise’ from Farhad, as he did not know that his song was selected for the web-series Pop Kaun. “I heard the story from Farhad Bhai and then I pointed out that there is an interesting situation here. And he agreed and asked if I can do something. I said ‘okay’, went home and wrote about it and sent it to him. He asked me to send a voice-note and I did. Later, I completely forgot about it and continued with my routine. Two months later, I got a call from someone asking me for KYC details. I really got nervous, so I called them back. She informed me that she is from Farhad Bhai’s office and that she needs to make a payment to me.” He continued, “I was surprised to say the least. She also mentioned that I am getting paid because I have composed music for a song in Pop Kaun. And my surprise and happiness knew no bounds. I immediately called Farhad Bhai and asked, “Yeh kya ho raha hai (What’s happening). He laughed and told me ‘it’s a surprise’. And I answered, ‘Bollywood ka pehla break surprise kaun deta hai (Who gives their first Bollywood break as a surprise)’. I started crying. The most important process after all, is the selection. So in my case, my song got selected and I directly received a call for signing the contract. I couldn’t think of anything else and I automatically started crying.” Further talking about audience’s acceptance, Jishan added, “When I created this song, Farhad took to social media to share a glimpse of it adding that it was an apt song for the situation. So I believe, when the director or producer, or the core team you are working with have appreciated your work and even you are aware that you have given you delivered your best at that time, I think when its your best work it tends to reach the hearts of audiences.” Also Read: Jamie Lever has learned from the baaps of comedy for her upcoming show Pop Kaun

from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Nd1lZPC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment