Lata Mangeshkar’s first death anniversary EXCLUSIVE: Madhur Bhandarkar reveals that the rights of her last UNRELEASED song rest with him: “I had recorded it for Corporate but we didn’t use it; I will definitely use it in some film depending on the situation”

One of the greatest singers of all time, Lata Mangeshkar, passed away a year ago, on February 6, 2022, at the age of 92. She shared a deep bond with several industry personalities, one of whom was Madhur Bhandarkar. Bollywood Hungama exclusively spoke to the acclaimed director after the release of his film India Lockdown in December 2022. At that point, he opened up about the legendary singer. We are living in the era of song remixes but Madhur Bhandarkar has never gone for recreations even though music companies definitely must have suggested him to do so. In reply, Madhur Bhandarkar said, “Yes, I have got the suggestion but I never felt the need to do so. But I am not against the recreation of songs. My favourite song is ‘Do Ghoont Mujhe Bhi Pila De Sharabi’ (Jheel Ke Us Paar; 1973) by Lata Mangeshkar. I’d definitely work on a song sung by her or Asha Bhosle if I feel the need. I am a big fan of R D Burman. The songs I play in my car and at home are from films from the 70s and 80s.” Madhur Bhandarkar continued, “My proximity to Lata didi also plays a part. I miss her. There was a time when I would call her every 15 days. Her blessings are always there for me. On January 1, 2022, I called her and asked for her blessings. I told her that I am making a film named India Lockdown. She got very happy and asked me, ‘Madhur, how do you get these titles?’ I was there at her funeral till the very end.” He sighed, “I miss her as interacting with her every now and then was a part of my life for 15-16 years. No matter in which part of the world I am, I would call her. Sometimes, I would play songs from her old films. She would ask me ‘Kaunsi film ka gaana tha yeh’? When I would tell her, she’d be like ‘Oh yes’ and smile. I miss these interactions. There has been a void in my life since her passing. There will not be another Lata didi ever. I still listen to her songs and I keep remembering her. She was genuinely happy about my success.” Madhur Bhandarkar then revealed, “The last song that she sang is with me. I had recorded it for Corporate (2006) but we did not use it in the film. It’s unreleased and the rights are with me. I will definitely use it in some film depending on the situation. This is her third song in my film after ‘Kitne Ajeeb Rishte’ in Page 3 (2005) and ‘Daata Sunn Le’ in Jail (2009).” ‘Kitne Ajeeb Rishte’ is a memorable song, though it was released 17 years ago, and is often remembered when friends turn foes or vice versa. Madhur smiled as he stated, “‘Kitne Ajeeb Rishte’ is a relationship anthem. When warring parties come together in politics or when someone goes through a breakup, this song is played or remembered.” Also Read: India Lockdown EXCLUSIVE: “I don’t know what it is with me and Censor Board”, says Madhur Bhandarkar; reveals Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji was given ‘A’ certificate because of the word ‘virginity’

from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/mnhaxg1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment