EXCLUSIVE: Rohit Shetty dedicates Cirkus to his technicians; says, “I made the film for them” 

The multi-starrer Bollywood film Cirkus is all set to hit theatres this week. Ever since the makers dropped the trailer of Cirkus, the audience has been eagerly waiting to meet all the quirky characters of the Cirkus family. One of the USPs of Cirkus is its cast. During a conversation with Bollywood Hungama, director Rohit Shetty opened up on the casting of Cirkus.

EXCLUSIVE: Rohit Shetty dedicates Cirkus to his technicians; says, “I made the film for them” 

The All The Best director asserted, “We had written a basic draft of this script in 2013. Then we made Sooryavanshi and then the pandemic happened. In April, I called my team and I'm like let’s face it. Whatever happens, let's start working and we started scripting. We wrote the whole script and then I gave him (Ranveer Singh) a basic narration and he was like okay.”

The 48-year-old director further added, “Varun (Sharma) and I had worked together. He was the first choice. Then came the one girl who's playing his wife. Me and Pooja (Hedge) had met twice or thrice before and we had discussed that we'll be working together. I said okay let's see if Pooja is free and the same way with Jackie (Jacqueline Fernandez). So none of them is the second choice.”

Concluding the same, he said, “Nobody was doing anything and even my technicians and I were like we don't know when Sooryavanshi is going to release. I don't know what's going to happen but till when are we going to sit because everybody was at home. So this one is for my technicians. I made this film for them.”

For the unversed, directed by Rohit Shetty, Cirkus is based on William Shakespeare's play The Comedy of Errors. Along with the star cast, the film will also feature Ajay Devgn and Deepika Padukone in a special appearance. Interestingly, Ranveer Singh will be seen playing a double role for the first time.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Ranveer Singh recalls shooting THE PIVOTAL scene in Simmba; says, “It was pure magic”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/HSYc4I6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment