Shaan reveals wife Radhika told him to NEVER act again: "Give it to me in writing; you're a very bad actor… dal roti ke vaande ho jaayenge"
Shaan began his career with Indipop songs and also appeared in their music videos before making a successful transition to playback singing in films. However, not many are aware that the singer has also acted in a few films and a web series. In a conversation with Komal Nahta, Shaan opened up about his acting career and raised laughs.
Shaan said, “Only I think I am a good actor! The one person whose opinion matters to me the most is my wife (Radhika Mukherjee). And she feels that I am a very terrible actor. And I’ll tell you a story. When she was my fiancée, I had acted in a film called Daman (2001). I had gone for its dubbing. I returned and I thought that she’ll have newfound respect for me. I thought that she’ll think ‘Yeh singer toh hai hi. Ab hero bhi banne waala hai’!”
Shaan continued, “However, she told me that to give it to her in writing that I should never act again in my life! I told her, ‘Don’t be so insecure. It’s not like I’ll have an affair with someone once I turn an actor’. She replied, ‘You’re going too far. You sing and people have accepted you for it. But if you act, then sab khatam. Dal roti ke vaande ho jaayenge. You’re a very bad actor’ (laughs).”
Shaan then stated, “Since then, I decided to quit acting. Uske baad bhi maine yeh galti ki hai ek-aadh baar. But now I feel that I should revive my acting career (smiles).”
Daman also starred Raveena Tandon, Raima Sen, Sanjay Suri and Sayaji Shinde and it was directed by the late Kalpana Lajmi.
Later, Shaan also worked in Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya (2014), co-starring Mika Singh. He was recently seen in a special appearance in the Karisma Kapoor-fronted web series, Brown.
Also Read: Shaan buys Rs 48 crores Palmera home, highlights Mumbai’s luxury housing boom
from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/AhVBgIb
via IFTTT

No comments:
Post a Comment